lolagirl

My name is Lola

2,996 posts in this topic

I am a hairdresser! At Mischie's prompting I am starting a life journal. :woohoo:

I was born and raised West Bloomfield Michigan, a northern suburb of Detroit. I grew up on a lake and had a pretty normal childhood. My Dad, we call him Capt' Dave, shortened to The Capt' thinks that I wore rose coloured glasses all my life and that I think we grew up in lavendar cupcake land, and frankly compared to alot of people I know, we did.

I have an older brother David, he has his own business on Catalina Island, Ca. He is also a dive master and has taken the likes of Nick Cage, Lisa Marie, and Bill Murray diving. According to Dave, Nick is a prick, Lisa is clueless on life, and Bill is a riot! Here is a pic of myself and another of Dave and I

lolaandDavie.jpg

(My mother didn't value pictures and cut them up to make collages etc. so the quality of my younger years is gonna be poor at best.

I also have a yournger Brother Brad we call him Boadie. Boadie lives up state has a dock and hoist business. He does very well and is the father of one of my favorite people in the world Jaden. His Girlfriend/wife Julie is pretty cool herself and we are all very close. More about boadie later as he was much younger than us.

So if you wonder what the hell is wrong with me, just remember not only do I have the middle child syndrome, but I was also the only girl. Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by lolagirl

:clap: :woohoo: I'm so glad you started a journal!

Thanks the beginning may be alittle boring but stick around. It gets good.

U ladies always have such great journals. I'm sure I'll be glued to this one as well.

From here on out I am going to refer to my parents as Mimi, and The capt' here is a pic of them on their wedding day. It was a proper affair, I will post the description of Mimi's dress later, I guess it was imported Irish linen , blah blah, blah.

MimiandtheCapt.jpg

Edited by lolagirl

Random thought, Why is Kate Moss appologizing? Everyone is elated and excited for her to get on with her life and relieved that she appologized. What is she sorry for? Doing blow, or getting caught doing blow?

More random childhood shots, chopped up ala Mimi!

lolaandsanta.jpg

David and I with Santa, Me with my first fish, I look like a little boy. My friend Suzy and I.

Edited by lolagirl

U ladies always have such great journals. I'm sure I'll be glued to this one as well.

Thanks for stopping in!

Back to lavendar cupcake land...........as I said we grew up on the lake, we had a really tight knit "tribe" of friends, we had pig roasts, corn roasts, clam bakes, late night skinny dipping, you get the pic. Mimis best friend EO had three kids just like us. Two boys and a girl. We were like the Brady bunch. If they were not at our house we were at their house.

The only odd thing, which didn't strike me as odd back then, was every once in a while the O's had to come and live with us sans Mr. O. As we started getting older I heard bits and pieces, and apparently what happened was Mr. O would borrow money from loansharks, with some get-rich-quick scheme, blow the money and then have to blow town. Mrs. O put up with that all our lives. I am surprised she never left him.

Edited by lolagirl

LOL Lola at the Copa Cabana. I'll be reading...

heheh silly girl! Thanks Jess.

:wtf: :hug2: :rofl:

Mrs. O was a strong woman, I don't know if I could deal with that. I think it's different if a man loses his job or something like that vs. always having big dreams and no real plans.

One last post then I have to go get ready, we are going to a new resturant, Mosaic with some friends.

When we were growning up we always had foster children living with us, some kids would just come for the weekend and some stayed months. At one point we had two kids Drlene and Wade. Can you imagine Dave, Boadie, Me, Darlene, Wade and the O's three kids all in one house, Mimi had to be hittin' the pipe or something. I do know that she and Mrs O liked their "drinkies" maybe that helped them cope. I have a pic of both families on vacation together. I will post it when I find it.

We had Wade for a year, and we had Darlene for 5 years. We called Darlene; Bombs. (long and boring story) We had Bombs from the age of 3 to 8. We were the only family she knew. My parents put in a petition to adopt Bombs and that is when the Lavendar cupcake tower came tumbling down!............

Edited by lolagirl

:wtf: :hug2: :rofl:

Mrs. O was a strong woman, I don't know if I could deal with that. I think it's different if a man loses his job or something like that vs. always having big dreams and no real plans.

Strong or stupid. I do know that now they are divorced but still live together. They had to get divorced to protect her or something. Alas maybe love does conquer all. :huh:

Random thought, Why is Kate Moss appologizing? Everyone is elated and excited for her to get on with her life and relieved that she appologized. What is she sorry for? Doing blow, or getting caught doing blow?

What I don't understand is why does she even give a shit what people think? And why did agencies cut off her contracts? yeah, like they don't know most of those bitches do drugs any fucking way. They don't give a shit, they're just pissed she got caught. :rolleyes:

Oh and I love you moms gown. It's actually timeless. Very expensive designers still make dresses that look just like that!

Yay for another journal!

Im very interested in learning more about you Lola :)

:popcorn:

I am glad you stopped by Brooke, thanks.

Rach I know what you mean, she is just mad that she got caught!

But the thing is that why it's so bad she's doing coke? because she has a little daughter? that bitch was always a junkie. I wonder if she did drugs when she was preggo?

:woohoo:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm here! I'm here!

Ok, we have SO much in common:

1) we are from the same corner of the world (me from Southwestern Ontario, right on Lake Huron)

2) We are both MIDDLE ONLY GIRLS and I know, its very very tragic.

3) there was something else, but i forgot.

Oh, my mother cut up alot of our pictures for collage too, and I love calling people Capt'n.

I'm never going to get that song out of my head now!!

:bawl:

Just dropping in to let you know I'll be reading. If I dont go to bed now, Patrick will yell. Loud.