lolagirl

Our Little Gladys Passed Away

22 posts in this topic

Oh my god, you guys,  l'm beyond devastated.  Our Little Gladys passed away last night....It was sudden and painless.  l can't even get my mind around it.  l will post more later when l'm not so raw.   Please send her some comforting thoughts,  it makes me feel so sad that she's not with us and all alone.  

NO Lola!!! Not Glady's!!  I am so sorry!! She was Walters little widow! I don't even have words right now. You must feel numb, and be in so much shock. I want to hear more, but only when you're ready, my love. All my love, and all the sweetest thought I send to you, Todd, and little Stelly.

I'm at work, I'll text you when i get home. :crying:

Thank you Rachel,  we are completely shattered.   l know this sounds dramatic, but I don't know how to be normal right now.   I don't know if l'll ever get over it. 

1 hour ago, lolagirl said:

Thank you Rachel,  we are completely shattered.   l know this sounds dramatic, but I don't know how to be normal right now.   I don't know if l'll ever get over it. 

Are you kidding me? I know exactly what you;re going through. I was numb for months when Kitty died. The feeling of grief to losing a pet is so unlike losing a human loved one. Unless you're a true animal lover, you just don't get it. I really know the pain you're going through. I'm so sorry, hummingbird.

ps earlier I meant to stay Stella. :(

I'm so so sorry for your loss Lola. That's just awful. It's totally normal to feel that way after a beloved pet dies. I cried for months after my kitty Micha passed away. All my thoughts and love to you. 

Thank you girls,  these pugs were my first pets (aside from a guinea pig) and l have always felt so horrible when someone lost their beloved companion,  but now l really know what they are going through.  l feel a little better today because maybe the shock is wearing off, but yesterday l could have died the pain was so intense. 

l don't think it has sunk in with Stelly yet,  she has been looking around for her a little, but it breaks my heart to leave today and leave her here alone all day.  They have had each other since Stelly was 6 months old.  She doesn't know any better.  

Oh no! I'm so sorry For you guys :((((( Our fur babies are part of the family like our children, it is devastating:( thomas lost his dog that has been living with his ex that they had since they were like 21 this past week as well. I'm so sorry :(((((

Oh no, poor Stella! If I could babysit her I would :crying:

Thank you girls.   This fucking sucks so hard.   l go out on the deck every night and talk to her and it makes me feel a little better.  l had a crazy thought hoping that there was no after so that she would just be gone and not afraid, or feel lost without her family.  She was so tender l just imagine her being scared.   l know my thoughts are crazy right now but l honestly feel that way right now.  l'm sure it will change when the pain subsides.

Sorry about Thomas' dog Dee, it's so sad.

Lola I felt the same way about Kitty. Like he was a lonely wondering soul. I think that's why I went back to the vet and picked up his body for viewing. I lost it when Kitty died. I was in a literal mental fog. I remember the day I snapped out of it, was Oct 23rd. I was sitting at the breakfast table, and I could see Chuck was very upset and hurt. I was just sitting there in a daze, like I had been since the day Kitty died late sept. and I looked at him with anger, and asked what are you upset about? he said, you forgot my birthday. I couldn't believe I had forgotten Chucks birthday. I make a HUGE deal about his birthday every year. Shit, one year I took to see the Eiffel tower on his birthday. That's the moment I snapped back into sobriety. But up until then I was a zombie, a walking dead. I felt so much pain, and guilt. I still can't dig too deep when it comes to kitty. My heart immediately starts to ache that very distinctive ache, and I have to just push him aside.

Know that I'm here for you, I know exactly what you're going through, although in the end all of our experiences are unique. Sending you lots of love. Kiss Stella for me.

Nooo! I'm very, very sorry about Gladys :crying: This is worst day for any person that has a pet, I can't put into words how sorry I am about your loss. I still cry when I remember my Pongo, and my Morris, and all of my dear pets who were part of my family. I send you, Todd and Stella all my love, I'm hugging you all three from here. 

Rachel,  l remember your pain like it was yesterday and my heart ached so bad for you.  l'm feeling a little better, but l still can't really look at pictures of her and think of fond memories yet because it rips my guts out, so l just try to think her surrounding me and concentrating on keeping Stella busy.  

Thank you so much Gera,  l don't know why but it helps when l hear of people that have gone through it and end up with fond memories.    xo xo

I know it's way too soon, but have you thought of getting another pet to keep Stella company? I know with Kitty once he got old I never wanted to get another pet because I thought it would stress him out even more to have a dynamic kitty/puppy in the house. Kitty would not have liked that at all, but then again, he was a cat. How would stella take in a new pet?

Well, it's funny that you say that because today she started getting restless and looking for Gladys.  Stellie was the nurturer, she always cleaned Glad and watched over her so l think it is in her nature.  So l would consider it, and Todd admitted that he was looking today.   l just can't go there yet.  But it's something l would eventually think about.  

awww!! I hope you guys find her the right life partner. :t4302:

Thanks for checking in girls.  The pain is easing some, but l still break down from time to time.  Poor stellie is just depressed and kind of just laying around.   Poor thing misses her sis.   l hope she doesn't decide to give up,  l need my little sugar right now.  

l appreciate you girls check in and your kind words.  xo xo xo

Thank goodness you have Stella. :crying: I think about you throughout the day, Lola. I'm so sorry this happened to you. :t4622:

So l'm feeling a little better.  l still can't look at pictures of her yet because it's just too raw, but the heavy heart crushing feeling is easing up and l can talk about her and think about her and smile.  This is going to sound so queer but the night she died l went out on the balcony and looked up in the sky and l saw a little cluster of stars that looked like a paw print.  l put on my glasses and found that it was just one bright star.  l go out on the balcony every night and talk to my Gladdy Star.   l laugh, l cry, and l just talk to her and it makes me feel so much better.   l can't believe l just admitted that lol  but honestly it makes me feel so much better.