lolagirl

Big Changes Ahead for me!

67 posts in this topic

I'm so glad to hear things have fallen into place. It sounds like it was totally the right move for you!

Thank you ladies,  it really is where l'm supposed to be.  

The best perk is waking up on a Monday and thinking of all the things l need to do for the salon,  pay the cleaning lady,  get the towels ready for the week,  pay bills and do book work, answer messages and organize the schedules....and then l realize and NO,  l don't have to do any of that ever again.   I can sit here with my coffee on my day off and enjoy my life!   It's the freakin' bomb!

We were up north a few weeks ago and l had my work phone and schedule and l was sitting on the deck and made 3 appointments with a cocktail in my hand,  those calls would have gone unanswered until l got back, which always put pressure on me to get back.   Plus fielding calls for the other stylist, l always felt pressure to get their clients taken care of.  Not no mo. 

I'm so happy for you that after a little bit of settling in you're happy with your decision. Change, even if it's wanted, can be hard sometimes but in the end better than how things were before. That's awesome that you can just sit back and enjoy your days off and not worry about all those extra things. 

That's so awesome, how funny you're leaving shit like that behind and I'm basically being forced to do the opposite. I'm jelly!

Lola, you haven't updated. I feel so selfish. I've been stressing so much that I haven't asked you hows it going? are you still loving working there? how are the people around you?

oh and what does Todd think of it all? He must be so happy that you've taken so much off your plate, almost like a new version of you that he's never encountered before. It definitely stresses husbands out when the wives aren't happy at work. There should be a whole friggin article on that!

Thanks for checking in Rach,  things are still great.    The owners of the building are going to be doing some renovations to make more room and make it easier for us to all work unencumbered.    It's tight now and they know it.  

The owners of the building Rebecca and Gary,  took us out as a staff to thank us for choosing their space and for us all to get to know each other better.   We all got wasted and had a blast.    After a few cocktails Rebecca told me that when I first came in to talk to them  she thought l was coming in to check out how they were doing things and not really looking for a job.  She said she went to bed that night and said  please god,  let Lola be serious and really want to come and open up shop here.  She said it was all she could think about until our second  meeting when l signed the lease and she could breathe easy.  lol  It was really good for us to get together,  we were all open and it gave a perspective on who we all are outside of work.    I know it sounds egotistical but the girls were like ....we love you lola  blah, blah, blah,  we are so lucky to have you etc.   One of the girls said she was scared when she found out l was coming that l was going to be this big bitch because l owned my business for so long.   And Rebecca told me that she always dreamed of working at Lola and if she didn't buy this building she was going to come in and interview.    So all in all it was a big love fest, and we all dig each other and they freakin' love my assistant Carolina and she likes it there too.   

There is one girl  Mandy,  she is really sweet but really young and loud.....the good news is she's got a space up front, and l have the back room so l'm not affected by it that much,  l'm starting to hear whispers about her rubbing a few of the girls the wrong way.    My owner mentality wants to step in and kind of mellow her out for her own good,  but l'm going to let it play out for a bit and see how it goes. 

It's not egotistical, if you can't say it here where can you say it! lol. That's great! It sounds like such a great place to be in. I can't stand loud girls. They're such drama queens. I hope she calms down because that's hard to work around, even if she's in the front.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:17 AM, Rachel said:

It's not egotistical, if you can't say it here where can you say it! lol. That's great! It sounds like such a great place to be in. I can't stand loud girls. They're such drama queens. I hope she calms down because that's hard to work around, even if she's in the front.

l know man, she needs to use her inside voice.   On sat.  Kelsey came back and said   Lola, all my dreams would come true if l could come back here with you and John.   Poor thing is right next to Loud Mandy.   l talked to a few of the girls and said  why don't we have a chat and bring up professionalism,  and act like we are talking about ourselves and how we need to be more professional, and tone it down and maybe she will get the hint?  I doubt it will work,  but it's worth a try.  I was walking by her station and l hear he talking about a certain shirt that gives her "belly sweat",  l was like what the fuck.  But she knows her clientele and what they can handle so l'm just going to let this all slide.   l hope she doesn't cause a divide, because so far everyone is really tight and works well together.

You're nice because at work I would pass her, and be like "why are you talking so loud?" lol  Have you though of sending her an anon email from a "client"? and be like, I really loved coming to your salon, blah blah, blah, but you're too fucking loud. :happy0168:

I'm so glad things are going so well for you. It sounds like a great transition for you. 

13 hours ago, Rachel said:

You're nice because at work I would pass her, and be like "why are you talking so loud?" lol  Have you though of sending her an anon email from a "client"? and be like, I really loved coming to your salon, blah blah, blah, but you're too fucking loud. :happy0168:

hahaha  oh man,  that would be happening in the near future!

Thanks Em,  it really has been great. 

Hey, my job sucks. Hows yours going? :happy0168:

We've been up north for the last 10 days on vacation because the salon is going through a remodel, so it's been pretty great. :err:

So they took your advice on the changes? That's great! you must be in heaven right now with all that time off. :t1610:

lt was pretty amazing,  but honestly,  it's good to be home.  l can't wait to go in tomorrow and see how it looks. 

Were they big changes? how will it affect your working space?