Rachel

Let's talk make-up

86 posts in this topic

I went to Sephora today and got the Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes palette. I went there to get the bronzer from the same collection, but got the palette instead

(not my hand, BTW, I found the pic at refinery29)

justpeachy.gif

I think it's a great complement to the Sweet Peach palette.

Also, on Saturday I bought the YSL Forever Light Creator CC Primer. OMG,I love it. I bought it in the shade Apricot. I like it more than the It Cosmetics CC+. It gives me a "from within" glow.

ysl-cc-cream-rose-lavender-apricot-review1.jpg

ETA: in the picture says CC Creme, but mine says CC primer. Also, not my picture, found it in google.

I was eyeing that palette, but I'm still holding out for the natasha denona sunset, which is supposed to be re-released very soon and has very similar tones. But did you see the other palette (Lila) that she's set to release on the 12th?

Image result for lila palette

I'm totally getting it.

Saw the reviews on Rihanna Fenti, and rushed to sephora to get it. Got color matched to  240 - for medium skin with very warm undertones. Also got her trophy wife highlighter, but to use as a shadow. tried it and LOVED it. My eyes look like stardust. It's not chunky. It looks wet, and so sexy. but nice enough to wear out in broad daylight. I wore that shit to the stop and shop. :happy0168: I also got the starstruck highlighting stick once I got home. Loving it! She really did good, and what's even best is that she is cruelty free. I just can't do products that aren't cruelty free, when you see how these poor animals who are tested on suffer in labs, it's hard to get those images out of your head, and I would hate to know that I'm responsible for that. I also got the Marc Jacobs eyeconic shadow, did a look with it last night but decided to reurn it because it wasn't worth 49.00 in my opinion.

Image result for fenty shade 240

Image result for fenty trophy wife

Image result for fenty starstruck

from the time I left to sephora and got home, 4 of the foundation shades sold out online.

Tomorrow Benefit Cosmetics arrive at my job for an event. They're not cruelty free. Wondering if I should take samples if they're giving them out since I'm not spending my money on it. I can't say anything to them about not being cruelty free because I don't want to lose my job, but I would if I didn't have to worry about that because I think companies need to hear concerns about animal testing. Nars started selling their products in China, and their tinted moisturizer is my everyday holy grail I wear to work. Once it's done I cannot buy it again, and I can't get it out of my mind, as stupid as it is to think about, but dang, I find a product that makes my skin look flawless under shitty fluorescent lighting and they have to start testing on animals. It sucks.

You got me thinking about the cruelty free topic, I thought about it, and thought "hey, I can do that", so I decided starting today I will start buying cruelty free skincare and cosmetics. I consider myself an animal lover despite being a carnivore, but experiments on animals for the sake of beauty, no. Not anymore, I'll take my business some place else. 

I already follow people on YouTube that only use CF so, that helps. I will use up whatever I have that is not CF, I already paid for it, so use it. 

I went to Sephora today to get a new makeup remover balm (currently using the Clinique one) and was going to get the Boscia balm, but checked online with the balm already on my basket and it wasn't CF. I asked the lady there what she can recommend and she gave me a sample of some First Aid Beauty, but I ended up getting the Josie Maran Argan Oil remover. Also, because my translucent face powder is from Clarins, and I'm half way done with it, I got a travel size of the KVD translucent powder. I still have tons to learn, but, I know I'll get better at CF brands and stuff. 

argan.jpg

Gera! i love you even more for that! you're going to love it, and feel good about it too! congratulations!

Just ordered the Lila palette. Looks like it went on sale in the wee early morning. Won't be sure until they ship it.

Image result for lila palette

Also Benefit Cosemtics has landed at my job, and they made it so cute. Word on the street is they're going to give free samples to everyone. I don't care too much about the makeup because again, it's not CF, but they have these cute jersey t shirts I'd like to snag.

IMAG1174.jpg

IMAG1171.jpg

IMAG1170.jpg

16 hours ago, Rachel said:

Gera! i love you even more for that! you're going to love it, and feel good about it too! congratulations!

Thanks, and thanks for never judging me for not using CF, but now that I made the switch I do feel better. No more buying indiscriminately for me.

The set up of Benefit looks lovely! 

6 hours ago, Geraldine said:

Thanks, and thanks for never judging me for not using CF, but now that I made the switch I do feel better. No more buying indiscriminately for me.

Of course I would never judge you. It's your own process. I wasn't cruelty free for years, and i had to reach that in my own time. I think it's wonderful though!

Thank you :happy0024:

Ugh, the Josie Maran cleanser is... it does clean my face and takes off my makeup, except for my waterproof mascara. I have to use another makeup remover. Today I have a ton of errands to run and will get the elf cleanser balm at Target, I've use it before and even it leaves a residue that I have to wash my face after I use it, but it works. Now my hunt begins :dizzy: and it will be easier to travel with (a balm instead of an oil).

I don't think I have mention it before but I can't use regular mascara because my lashes are so straight and down, that after curling them, if I apply regular mascara they go back down in front of my eyes in seconds... WP is the way to go for me.