Rachel

Let's talk make-up

50 posts in this topic

Love pink nail polish. Lovely colors, ladies.

Lisa Eldridge did it again, this time, she asked Princess Diana MUA todo a tutorial in her channel, and well, here it is. I truly enjoyed all the stories about Princess Diana. I can't believe she died almost 20 years ago.

On 2/10/2017 at 5:31 PM, Deirdre said:

I got my glossybox today. yay! Its like Christmas :roflol: Rachel, I'm going to try that brand. I love that color. 

are those full sized products you got, they look like it from your ig post. I've been wanting to get glossybox but the only reason i haven't it's because I didn't want to end up with tons of sample items over time.

My boxycharm gets here Thursday. I'm so excited too!

Rachel, I was looking at Boxy Charm today and cancelled my glossy box subscription. Some of the Glossy box stuff is full sized, but a lot is sample sized items. I like that Boxy Charm has full sized products. My sister in law told me that what she gets too. 

Oh and I'm totally bummed out... Because of the storm Thomas had to go to work today. It's his normal day off and I was so excited because it was valentine's day and I figured I'd get up this morning and do my makeup and hair and look nice all day. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow. Even though we're going to get more snow I can look cute at home lol.

On 2/14/2017 at 1:54 PM, Deirdre said:

Rachel, I was looking at Boxy Charm today and cancelled my glossy box subscription. Some of the Glossy box stuff is full sized, but a lot is sample sized items. I like that Boxy Charm has full sized products. My sister in law told me that what she gets too. 

You're going to love Boxy charm. It's strictly makeup. I love the presentation of glossybox, but I could never get passed the sample sizes, plus I don't want body stuff, I wanted just simply makeup. You're going to love it.

Gera, I still miss Lady Di. I wonder how she woud've aged. She would've been a great granny :crying-and-sobbing:

A couple months ago I purchased the lorac pro palette because EVERYONE had it, because EVERYONE said it would change your life, and EVERYONE had it in their collection. They say it's the holy grail eye shadow to have. But honestly, after I received it I just didn't get it. The colors in the pans look so boring (to me), and I couldn't find inspiration in it, yet I continue to see this palette in everyone's collection. what.the.hell. So last night I forced myself to use it, because that shit was expensive and I don't like product sitting on my vanity that i don't use. Holy shit! Ok so I only used 3 shades in it, but my eyes popped so much! and it's SO pigmented. I tapped the brush, didn't even smudge it in the shade, and I was like whoa! I almost ruined my look because it was so pigmented. Now I know I still have to use the rest of the colors, but my eyes looked so beautiful.

Image result for lorac pro

I used the color light pink for the whole lid, then creased with mauve, then used champagne for my inner and mid lid, then slate for the outer corner. I call it frost smoky eye. It was like FROST! then I used the UD 24/7 eyeliner in shade mainline. adore this eyeliner.

Image result for mainline eyeliner

with the better than sex mascara. omg. I can't wait to do the same look again.

The intensity was somewhat like this look. I've tried this look with different cruel free products and it came out amazing as well. Note that you can use lip gloss to make this look happen.

So I did a second look, and it was a wreck. But then I did a 4rd matte eye, and it looked nice. I'm so torn with this palette.

I've also read torn reviews on this palette.

Loving the lorac pro 3 more then the pro 1. I ordered 2. Great quality eyeshadows. So creamy, so blendable. These and Too faced are my favorite of all the shadows.

lorac pro palette 3 vs 2 vs 1

very similar to how I use summer yum on the outer edges. It's such a perfect transitional shade. So warm and good for day and night.

but kathleeen made me buy it. :t4426:

I did something crazy and bought the UD electric palette. It's on sale at Ulta site from 49.00 to $24.00! I plan to use it as an accent for the outer corners of my eyes, paired with neutrals. I think it's going to be wonderful.

Image result for urban decay's electric palette

I didn't know kat Von D was latina! She was born in Mexico. I love her now even more! I love supporting hispanic artists.

anyway, there's some drama about Make-Up Revolution plagarizing her brand.

I didn't watched the whole video, just like the first 10 min or so. Last year I bought a Makeup Revolution palette that was imitating the Naked 1 and I wasn't impressed. The color pay off was terrible, I had to really load my pencil for it to show, and then, even with primer, the eye shadows would just disappear within the hours. I gave it away. maybe I just got a bad palette because I've seen reviews and some people rave about it.

My sister in law gave me this pallette from one of her boxycharm boxes and I love it. I wasn't sure but the colors suite me really well. Rachel, it's what I used in my instagram picture. The purple is much more apparent when I'm not using filters lol

img_0987.jpg5a460884e94149d7847ea026e3b0957b.jpeg

I realllllly want to buy some more stuff but I can't make Thomas too suspicious lol, since I'm not the one working right now I feel guilty even though he totally doesn't care as long as I don't spend everything and I pay the bills :happy0168: I signed up for Sephora's $10/month sample subscription yesterday. lol. 

Rachel did you get your box yet? The Matte Lipstick that was in it was awful. The color was good for me, but it feels like it stays sticky forever. I put it on over 2 hours ago now and I still feel like it is. My lips feel super dry. I'm not a fan. https://boxycharm.com/shop/product/711230653#write-a-review/Matte_Liquid_Lipstick___RealHer

Dee, please, let me know how's the Sephora box, I wanted to try it, but I don't trust youtubers.

Dee, that's a good palette. I just gave it to my niece because I wasn't using it much, and I had sort of the same colors in other palettes, but I remember when I got it I really loved it. Love the plum color in there.

No I haven't gotten my boxy charm yet. I'm so pissed. They said today by end of day. Well the mailman came and nothing. :k4929:

But I did get my sephora play box for the month and I was super happy with everything I got. I was about to cancel because last months was shitty.

Last night I tried out the UD electric palette, and you seriously cannot use more than two colors if you want to look normal. I had to take all my makeup off and start all over again. I looked so stupid. lol

So ladies, what are your favorite products so far? I'm really loving my lorac pro palettes. I also just purchased a tarte maricuga concealer that I'm loving, a little goes such a long way.

Image result for maracuja concealer tarte

I'll have it forever. I also just bought the NYX micro brow pencil, and it's a total game changer.

Image result for nyx micro brow pencil

I also LOVE both the NYX matte bronzer, and the too faced chocolate bronzer that's made from real cocoa powder and smells like chocolate. Bronzers are my favorite thing.

Image result for nyx matte bronzer

Image result for too faced chocolate soleil bronzer

For highlighter I religiously use the becca skin perfector liquid in opal. That's actually my holy grail.

Image result for becca opal liquid highlighter

Image result for becca opal liquid highlighter

Just ordered the rust stack, and old rose lip. They were out of the rust stack, and I kept checking and checking. This morning they restocked, so I pounced on it.

Image result for rust stack melt cosmetics

Image result for rust stack melt cosmetics

Image result for old rose melt cosmetics

ps got my boxy charm. happy with it.

I exchange some points at Sephora an got a mini-mini-mini version of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, I haven't used it yet, I just got it last week. can't wait, really. But I've been cleaning around my closet and I've been bare face lately.

Gera, how do you like the two faced bronzer? I really like it, but I love the nyx much more. You know how girls on the internet love to highlight, well I love to bronze. Love it. I bronze to the gods. lol

Last night I had a makeup break through. When I started wearing real makeup a few months ago, everything was coming out perfect, but lately in the last 2 months I was having issues with my eyeshadow staying on, or staying sharp. So last night I tried going back to my two faced foundation, and going back to using it with a beauty sponge, and viola! My makeup stayed on all night, and not only that but looked even better and more blended as the night progressed. I didn't want to take it off. I love my luminous foundations but they;re so luminous that the make just slides off your face, including your eyeshadow. It was starting to piss me off.

Also, I don't want to jinx it, but my skin, giiirl! My skin is looking so good! I'm using the retinoid by skin medica every other night, then sunday riley Tidal moisturizer during the day, then Dermae which contains  hyalornic (*) acid for the night which i mix with the retinoid, then I do the Dr brandt microdermabrasion at home once every week or week and a half, and forget it, when I do that, my skin looks shiny and flawless, that when I turn my face from side to side, it looks like a bowling ball, lol. I know that sounds weird but it's so luminous and clean! I've also been using the maracuja oil in the shower on some days when i don't want to waste my sunday riley because that shit esssspeensive. Oh and I use a toner from skin medica too. I know it sounds like a lot of stuff, but I alternate because each has ingredients i need to make my skin look the way it does. I'll post them all down below.

I start with this in the morning out of the shower:

skin medica toner

$32.30

Image result for skinmedica toner

For day time moisturizer Sunday Riley Tidal: This is so hydrating. It's like oxygen for your skin.

$65.00

Image result for tidal sunday riley

another thing I do for the day is the maracuja oil while im still wet in the shower. It really deep penetrates the skin. Not sure if I run out if I will continue this.

travel size $16.00

Image result for maracuja oil

for night I use Derma E hydrating night cream

$20.00

Image result for Derma E Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid

together with skin medica retinoid 1.0 $79.00

Image result for skinmedica retinol  1.0

My skin looks amazing, even after a night of drinking I look plump and hydrated. That picture of me that I posted on the porch a couple months back was me at my worst with wrinkles and dryness.

I used the TF bronzer for the first time this weekend, and I really like it. I use a light hand with it but it's very pretty, it's one of those colors that goes with many skin tones. And even my bronzer is small, when you open it smells like chocolates a lot. I don't think I would get the bigger size when I run out of it because I have a few more bronzer I want to hit pan first, but it's in my "distant future" list definitely.

I got samples of the Sunday Riley moisturizer and giiiirl! I need it in my life. The Sephora 15% sale starts tomorrow and I think I will get it. So far my skin care routine is simple: witch hazel toner in the mornings, followed by moisturizer, so far the Bioderma Sensibio light is the one I'm using. I try to switch face creams too, but want to try a face oil. 

I started again using the spot remover lotion, I used a month, then rested for a month, and started again last night. My upper lip spot is almost gone, and I can almost swear I see my pores smaller. The downside is that I have to use sunblock on my face which I hate and the dryness, I get dry patches that foundation clings to, but if I need to, I can exfoliate. 

ETA: now that I started with the RT magique product I use sunblock instead of moisturizer. Any brand as long is creamy.

IMG_1179.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

Gera, you got me into foundations. I was never into foundations until you mentioned how many you own. It made me think how much that makes sense. Foundation is what makes the rest of your makeup look good.

Are you guys buying anything for the VIB sale? I just spent about $150 on ulta 3 days ago, not knowing the vib sale was tomorrow. :k4929: So the only thing I'm going to get from sephora is a beauty sponge. I have tried like 4 different brands of dupe sponges including from real techniques, and none of them come close to that dam beauty blender.

Ugh. I had a long post and I lost it. Oh well. 

I am looking at foundations on Sephora right now. I had loved the estee Lauder double wear when I tried it. It felt like heaven on my skin and looked so good but after reading some reviews about how people with dry skin hated it I'm second guessing myself. I've always had pretty dry skin and I don't want to spend $40 for something I'm going to use a couple times and decide I hate lol. 

I loved the sponges and the bronzer in the April Boxycharm box. I just need a good base now. 

Plus. I've never really felt like I needed foundation. My skin has always looked pretty good but I've noticed lately I'm not very happy with how it's looking. I'm turning 31 this summer and I really think that is catching up with me. People always compliment me on how young I look in real life  (always surprised I'm Amber's mom etc) and I want to keep it that way. at least for a while! LoL.  I also need to start drinking more water. I'm the worst at that. My mom has skin that looks like heaven and she's 51 but she drinks so much water.

I had been using this moisturizer. I'm almost done my current bottle and I don't think I'm going to rebuy it. I've used it for a few years and I've always had amazing results with it. It just isn't doing it anymore.

s1449636-main-Lhero.jpg

On 4/18/2017 at 5:36 PM, Rachel said:

Gera, you got me into foundations. I was never into foundations until you mentioned how many you own. It made me think how much that makes sense. Foundation is what makes the rest of your makeup look good.

Are you guys buying anything for the VIB sale? I just spent about $150 on ulta 3 days ago, not knowing the vib sale was tomorrow. :k4929: So the only thing I'm going to get from sephora is a beauty sponge. I have tried like 4 different brands of dupe sponges including from real techniques, and none of them come close to that dam beauty blender.

I like almost all the foundations I have, except for one or 2. I want to show my collection and review each one, if you're interested let me know. Just take in consideration I have oily skin.

I agree with you, the beauty blender is amazing. I have tried the real techniques sponge and I don't like how easily tears apart when I wash it, maybe it's me and I'm very rude because scrub the shit out of it. But I wash the beauty blender just the same and it holds great its shape.

Dee: don't hesitate and ask for samples if you want to invest in a high end foundation. Some employees are very nice and give you a lot of product to try, some are terrible and don't give you much, but that's how I have found foundations I like. And drugstore, I usually get mine at Walmart, their return policy is great and they don't ask questions.