lolagirl

The Earl

163 posts in this topic

You guys look great, I would love to be there, it looks like you had a ball. Awesome.

What cute pictures, and you all look from the era. How nice that you spent the NYE so nice and cozy. No better way to do it. The cocktails must've been amazing!  :t0306:

The 20's party looked like such fun. Glad you had a good holiday!

A few more random pics...

Todd's snazzy shoes

todd shoes.jpg

me doing Chel's hair

flapperchel.jpg

Wu and Todd

toddandwunye.jpg

The gang

nye.jpg

my little xmas tree

unspecified.jpg

The freakin popovers

popover.jpg

The Wolf pack

wolfpack.jpg

Chel and Frick dancing

fricandchel.jpg

lnside the shanty ice fishing

icefishing.jpg

girls on the ice

icefun.jpg

Amish laundry

amishlaundry.jpg

Winter sunset

sunset.jpg

Deer out the kitchen window

deer.jpg

You guys are fucking awesome! I'm loving every single picture! I adore your cottage! so cozy, and your christmas tree too! the light fixture over the table makes the space. :thumbsup:

and your popovers!!! how did they taste? was the recipe easy. they look nice and moist in the middle! :happy0147:

ps how did you do your friends curls like that? they looks so beachy. I would love that for my hair. omg, I don't think I've told you this.. get ready.. I've been no-pooing since the summer. I just wanted to try it, my hair has so much body. I should start a post about it. What are your thoughts on no-poo as a stylist? it's ok if you think it's gross, trust me I'll totally understand and wont be offended. :happy0157: I think it's kind of gross too, but I actually like how liberating it is.

I love country living but ffs get that girl a washer and dryer.

amishlaundry.jpg

7 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I love country living but ffs get that girl a washer and dryer.

amishlaundry.jpg

Girl are you kidding?   It's the Amish,  they have no modern conveniences ,  they drive horse and buggies and cook in cast iron stoves.   lt's crazy their laundry will be out even on drizzly days.  No electricity, most don't have running water in the house.  nada

As far a no-poo I'm not opposed to it at all,   I don't wash my hair much either but l do condition it.   lf you are not going to use a cleanser make sure you really massage your scalp with the conditioner so you don't get a sebum build up.  lt could make you start losing your hair and causing scalp problems.   l would also suggest once a month either doing a cleanse with vinegar and baking soda or a mild shampoo.   l also will put some essential oils on my scalp occasionally.    Scalp health is so important if you are not going to use shampoo.

oh and yes the popovers were creamy in the middle, but we wanted a little more crunch on outside.

And to get the beachy waves you need a straight iron without a clamp and you just wrap your hair around it leaving the ends off,  the way you get it not to look like a curl is to leave the ends out, so they don't have that full  80's curl and they drag the curl down a little. 

I say it again: great pictures. Love what you have done in the Earl, very cozy.

OMG, I would survive if I were born Amish. I know they don't use technology and stuff, but I remember a few years ago, while driving on Waco, TX I saw an Amish woman driving next to us in the highway... It made us scratch our heads.

Where did you get Todd's shoes? They're super cool!

I went no shampoo straight for about 4 months. When I did I'd wash my hair and scrub my scalp very thoroughly with water, then I heard about the shampoo soap bar. I don't consider that no pooing, but that's what people claim on the internet, but it's so much better than shampoo. Been using that about every 2-3 weeks.

Funny you should mention sebum because I just read that in a skin care product I purchased fort he skin that it reduces or gets rid of the sebum build-up, so I'm def. going to look more into that. Thanks!:s1217:

Oh my, I love everything about your NYE Party, that looks amazing.  You have made "The Earl" such a cozy, warm and inviting place to be.  It looks so amazing.

I hope when you are there you feel a sense of peace and relaxation.  I would love to stay in your place for sure...

Gera,  l think Todd got the shoes on Amazon, not sure but they are not quality shoes. 

Rachel,  l "shampoo" with conditioner and massage it into my scalp and leave it on my ends because I highlight my hair and it needs moisture and protein  and only use a cleanser once every two weeks. 

Thanks Karen,   it really feels like home there now.  l mean really like home. l'ts so different from when we first got it.    

Holy shit I've missed all of the transformation! It is AMAZEBALLS seeing all you did. There's just way too much to comment on from the kickass light fixture you made through the NYE party.