lolagirl

The Earl

174 posts in this topic

shit I thought I posted the pics of dark trim from Ben Moore here??

Now for sure I'm going to do that too. I showed Chuck and he loved the idea too. What a comfy creamy feel your room must have now. I can't wait to see pics!

So let me get this straight, you're painting all the trim all over your house like that? If so, it's going to feel great. I wish I had the guts, but it's just to much trim for us to take the leap like that, plus I really love our woody trim around the rest of the house, but the wood trim wouldn't go with the entire look I want in the bedroom. I just hope I never regret it. That would suck ass so bad.

I'm not painting the trim in the entry,  but I am in the rest of the house.   I'm also painting this huge bar/hutch the same color as the cabinets so it looks like a built in.  

We are heading up for the weekend,   and taking a lot of our furniture with us!!   Yea yea yea!   It's not all coming but man it's a HUGE step.   I take loads of pics for you pic whores.    Have an excellent weekend.   xo xox

You too!! :m1902:

are you buying new furniture for your year round house?

No actually I've been collecting for The Earl, but couldn't bring it up because the floors weren't done.   So it's been sitting in the basement and in the living room.  I feel so liberated!    We had the best weekend,  we grilled ribs, and had a wonderful dinner at a real dining room table.   Joe, the guy living with us for the summer came up and my bestie Rauncy came as well.    We went night swimming, and had a bonfire.   It was really a great time and I freaking love my floors.   It's really getting sigh worthy up there.

But listen to this.....so we tied one on last night but I was pretty mellow and didn't get blown out,   I get up this morning early and put breakfast in the oven and start painting the trim,   you know that raw wood that I was debating about painting or staining well, I painted it.  Later after breakfast  Rauncy and Todd go into town to take the rental truck back,  and I'm still painting but I'm  getting fatigued because  this trim is a bitch and it's all reaching up and cutting carefully on a vaulted ceiling.  I go and refill my paint tray,  put it on the shelf of my painting ladder and the whole motherfucker dumped over all over the floor.   I mean it was like a murder scene paint everywhere.   I started scooping it up with my hands an putting it in the tray, and it's just fucked.  I grabbed an old bath towel and was scooping it up.  I get most back in the tray and set it back on the ladder and it fucking falls off again!  I wanted to go get in the car, and drive away.   Walk out, don't lock the door and drive the fuck away.     But   I got it all cleaned up, and Todd and Rauncy get back and I'm still painting and Todd says....be careful babe, you got a drip on the floor.    I started laughing like I was bat shit crazy.   They didn't believe me when I told them what happened.     I cleaned that floor like I was high it was spotless!    Anyway,  I finished painting, and I painted a vintage bar, and it all looks great.    Rach,  I took a pic of the dark trim and  light trim so you can really get an idea of the difference.   I'll post them tomorrow.

:happy0168::happy0168: Damn, that shit is so funny. :happy0173:I could picture the scene too. The whole time I was reading the story I was like please don't tell me the paint got in through the cracks of the flooring and everything is fucked up. :t0308: so glad you were able to wipe it all up! whew!

Ok so here is the trim painted.  I decided I'm doing the walls throughout even the bedrooms Revere and all the trim throughout the whole house rock port.  Bi know it sounds like a lot but I think it will reall showcase art and collectibles.   So the only rooms with color are the foyer and the two bathrooms.   Revere is so airy and bright.  

Rachel here are some not so good pics of the trim.   I snapped them in haste on my way out the door.  this first one is in the foreground is revere on the wall and Rockport on the trim.  Through the door you can see a gray the lady painted with white that she painted.    Never mind the pink glow on the side I had a red lamp plugged in. 

image.jpeg

Originally I was going to leave the wood in that foyer but I decided to paint the wainscoting Revere and the trim Rockport.

image.jpeg

These are the cabinets next to the revere,  don't mind the mess I just threw everything up on the shelves until I can put it away and get it organized. 

image.jpeg

image.png

I would have been so ripshit about dropping the paint. I'm glad it worked out in the end. The trim looks wonderful.

I absolutely love it!! I think it looks so much better than just the wood. It looks so much more interesting. Now it looks more like a sweet little beach house that steps right out into the sand. I agree with doing all the trim and the doors the same color. I think looking into the white trim and door of the bathroom takes away from the trim before it. If you painted it all the same it would all look like a nicely crafted home. Does that make sense. Girl, you're making me consider doing mine now, but no way. This is our year round home, if mine didn't look like yours I'd be pissed.

You did an amazing job choosing the colors. I effin love it! and the kitchen is adorable!

Do you have a lot of natural lighting coming into the house, because in case you don't, I think this kind of blind would look marvelous on your kitchen window, especially since you like the minimalist look. It;'s see-through, and it lets all the air in, and if you have a nice view outside to the pines, it allows you the view. I'd like to get those for our master bathroom because right outside we have these beautiful trees.

https://www.google.com/search?q=see+through+shades&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWkcbArdbOAhWHlB4KHRB0CFYQ_AUICSgC#imgrc=QTP9kuQ-Iwt6lM%3A

Or a simple roman shade like the one we have would be great too.

Man, you guys are already moved in and all cozy in there. I can't wait to see the rest. It must feel amazing waking up in the morning with a nice cup of coffee breathing the fresh woody air. I've always loved the smell the get-away air. It sounds silly, but I love that feeling.

Oh man, those are so elegant.    We have a TON of natural light  I mean a ton.   And because the house is set in the middle of the property every single window you look out is all trees  it looks like natures photographs, so it's been hard to even consider window treatments at this point, but I know I need to so those would be a great option for the main room.     thank you.

And I know what you mean by the get away air.   It's so lush and fresh and you can hear the nature sounds and they lull me to sleep.  It's like a sigh and a hug wrapped into one.   lol

You chose an amazing color for the trim. I like it very much.

Your kitchen looks so cozy. I can see you guys there drinking coffee and making brunch :cooking-dinner:

It is all looking soooo good.  I love the Floor and all the colors are amazing.

it is starting to look homey and lived in and have that wonderful comfortable feel.  

Can't wait to see more pictures when you get your furniture just right..

Thank you Mar,  Gera, Karen, and Rachel.     It's getting there.  Slow but sure.

The picture in the kitchen really shows what the Rockport looks like against the Revere Pewter.   I swear I'm in love. 

And Rachel,  this weekend I'm taking up that wonderful wooden cutting board that you got me.   I'll take a pic of it for you.

image.thumb.jpeg.435bbb73a2628c73a216ea2Look at this amazing fixture.  The driftwood is from my dads beach.  I got the cording and hardware at Lowes and the light bulbs at IKEA. 

image.png

Also I put barn wood I this jacked up wall. And on the back of this open cabinet 

Before and after

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sitting area.  The chairs are from my Rauncys boyfriends Mom Bea.  She is older and liquidated her beautiful home on the lake and she gave me the chairs.  They are not really my style but they are Henredon and they are super comfy and I just find them so sweet.  image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Are you serious that you made that light fixture on your own? that looks like something from restoration hardware! dang girl! I love it!  and the barn wood on the dividing wall and in the cabinet looks amazing. Did you paint the shelf the same color as the trim of the walls?
I also noticed your ceilings aren't white. Maybe they are, but they don't look stark, which is really nice against the lighting you made. Oh man, It's all really coming along so lovely. I knew you'd do right by that place. :thumbsup:

It must feel so strange and cool to own two homes. Is that still weird to you? I can't even imagine how that would feel like.

Those chairs are beautiful! They're so charming and so country. I think it's a perfect combination of modern and soft classic look. I think they will grow on you. I love that they have no arms so you can sit facing any direction of the conversation when you have people around. The floors looks sooo good!

Ummm  yeah, it's a little weird,  but man now that we are getting to the fun part, I can't wait to go up and just relax,  paint by number and do crosswords.   We've been working our asses off,  and I can't even tell you the difference in the feeling down to the bones of the place.  I remember when the boiler went out this winter and it was dark and dirty and cold there,  I cried.   But now it feels like home,  I stayed two night by myself this weekend and I just worked like I was on crystal meth, I  did a huge push, because we are having company this weekend to do a low-country boil.  Now I just have to hang curtains in the bedrooms and now that I have the basics,  I'm going to take my time and collect meaningful things for décor.    I swear for a minute it was feeling like a cookie cutter all gray house and I got scared that I over did it,  but adding the floors, that barn wood wall and the light fixture really cottaged it up.  

We are in Amish country so I'm going to invest in some nice quilts to go over down blankets for the beds, and just find local things. 

I scavenged some birch trees that fell so I'm going to outline  my garden beds with those.

LOVE LOVE everything you have done! The lamp looks like you got it at a super expensive store. Looks so charming and amazing, OMG, I swear, I wish you guys can come here and help me decorate my house.

I thought Amish country was only in Lancaster. They make beautiful pieces but shit they're expensive. Many years ago when Matt and I went together we wanted to buy a quilt and they were charging over $700.00. so needless to say we were like hells no.

For sure your house looks cottagy, and I'm really loving what you're doing with it. I knew you'd make it sweet but I didn't imagine it looking that good. And to think of the value you've already added to the house. That's one of the things we think is so crazy, that as we fix our house it goes up in value, and there's a satisfaction that comes from knowing you're solely responsible for it.