Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lolagirl

Oil Pulling

33 posts in this topic

Has anyone here done this? Basically you put olive, or coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around for 10-20 minutes. I just started because a friend of mine did it and she said she feels great. It touts a lot of health benefits and is supposed to make your teeth whiter and your gums healthy. I'm using organic coconut oil and really it's not bad. So basically you take the oil in your mouth and swish it around for 10-20 minutes. Some people do it twice a day, I may try to work up to that but now I do it once a day for 10 mins

Health benefits pulling touts: sinus relief, staves off illness, pulls toxins and germs out of your body, stops receding gums, and whitens teeth.

http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/the-7-health-benefits-of-oil-pulling

I've never heard of this, but I'm going to look into it. I love coconut oil. I use it at work for lots of the baking.

I cook with it and moisturize my skin with it, but I've never baked with it. What do you sub it for?

For butter and veg oil. I use it in everything, cookies, cakes, frosting, ganache.

And the texture is the same? Cool, I'll try that.

Oh the "pulling" in between teeth I've been doing for years but with water, or mouthwash. I have to try this. Watch all my teeth fall out. Lol

And the texture is the same? Cool, I'll try that.

Well most of the time I use recipes that call for it. I have subbed with it with regular recipes, but depending on the recipe it's a hit or miss.

Good, I'm glad you are going to oil pull. Let's see if we get good results. My friend was raving after she did it for a month. She said her mouth feels like she got a good cleaning at the DDS. every day.

Maria, I'm starting with 10 mins. I thought it was going to be horrible, but really that time flies. So I'll probably start the 20 next week. Do you oil pull?

No I don't but was looking into it. You don't have to do 20 mins of swishing. When I get a vehicle I'm going to get Coconut and avocado oils to try.

Good, I'm glad you are going to oil pull.

lol that sounds so funny, "I'm going to oil-pull".

I need to read more about this. It sounds interesting, I wouldn't imagine that oil would be that beneficial for your health. Thanks for sharing.

I am down to try this! Shall we all start a 30 day test next week (that way we all have time to buy the oil)?

Maria...order some on Amazon. Or give me your address and I will send you some ;)

I'm in, I keep meaning to try this. I can do it while I am knitting before or after work. LOL!

So are we all going to use coconut oil? It's starts out thick but turns to liquid in your mouth, or you can get liquid coconut oil. I got some from the health food store for my sea salt scrubs.

Take before and afters, i want to see if there's a noticeable difference.

Maria, I have the solid organic kind, but it turns to liquid in your mouth in seconds. I may get the liquid this week strictly for oil pulling.