Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-LOY-

What the hell happened .... to my BBB access?

9 posts in this topic

OBBB is for contributors. It makes members feel uncomfortable when people lurk and never post anything at all ever. It's not fair to members who do have OBBB access. Then why have it private, ykwim?

OBBB is for contributors. It makes members feel uncomfortable when people lurk and never post anything at all ever. It's not fair to members who do have OBBB access. Then why have it private, ykwim?

OK!

I've been a lurker forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvva, no problem till now I guess.

Thanks R!

I know you've been a lurker since forever... I was always giving you the benefit of the doubt hoping you would post on your own. I don't want you to feel like you're forced to post, but forums are suffering because of social media, and everyone who gets enjoyment from forums like BBB should give back by contributing posts so we don't die a slow painful death..

Let me tell you how I see it...When you come here month after month, lurking and not posting, it's like you're taking from the house without giving back. Imagine if everyone lurked and never posted..there wouldn't be a forum to lurk about. Members need to contribute and need to post. OBBB is a privilege, not a right.

Not to mention we're all sharing very personal things about our lives, and you're reading all that and we don't know anything about yours. That's just plain strange. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I think it's safe to say I represent most members sentiments on the subject.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaha! No worries, I visit on my off time - don't contribute much anywhere else. SO it's all good! Most forums will disappear eventually ... its only a matter of time.

Just wondering about 'the change' that's why I posted this! I've contributed in the past when the BBB was more active wedding days & all, even posted a few pics of my daughter when she was born. Maybe contributed here & there on some members journals not much ever really.

Now that I think of it my coming back here is more of a habit than anything else! Anyway, thanks for the response!!

I don't agree that most forums will die off but they all have suffered because of Facebook. That's why it's important to ensure privacy to members because the share things here that they can't or don't share on FB.

I think it's kind of odd that coming here and reading intimate things that the girls post is just a habit to you. Maybe I read that wrong??

Hi Lola!

It does sound odd right?

What I meant is that I visit the forum habitually - I've been a member of some sort since before I was married ... It's not that I come in here and ready every single open journal, I pop in & out! I remember the girls that are still here from their wedding journals or had been in some group journals with some of them. It wasn't done with malice or anything of that sort. So anyway I don't think it matters anymore why I did it or whatever its a moot point.

Gotcha. I totally didn't think it was out of malice.

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I'm fine being a regular member because honestly I'm not much of a contributer. In my past experiences with forums, I've contributed too much and it got annoying. Now I only contribute when I have something important to say. We all get what we want out of forums and for some of us, we just don't know how to respond? Even with the others I belong to, I can't say that I am regular because my posting habit is often sporatic. Same goes for FB.

For example, I don't think I'll update my pre-engagement thread (not even sure if the section is still there) until I get some life-changing news.