Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thuy

Haters Will Be Haters

16 posts in this topic

Okay guys. I really need your honest opinion here and maybe some advice. A few of you know I'm also a member from another forum where I actively run few exchanges for sheer fun. But this woman is really off putting. It's bad enough she makes excuses for not meeting deadlines, which I cooly ignored, but does she have to be a bitch and send me this unwarranted PM?

"Okay Thuy, you made your point about being late with the SCE. I have kept the girls and CAROL informed of my progess of healing after my fall. If that's not good enough then that's too bad. Things do happen in life to some of us and most of the MT family understands that. Cinthya also feels you are mad at her for not getting hers sent out. She also had a family emergency that those take preference. We don't all pretend to have the perfect life. I have contacted Admin with my feelings but I don't suck up like some do. I just laid it on the line. As long as I've already pissed you off I might as well say that you're trying to push Carol aside won't work. There will be alot fewer members here if that ever happened. I guess you were right. We really can't be friends. I've lived long enough and been through enough to know when people are fake and you my dear are one of them. You can't even say anything to a member that has been through some kind of trouble to comfort anyone, only tell them about how wonderful your dogs are. We got the picture Thuy, it's too bad you can't be a real person here and let people in. You'd have alot more friends."

I showed Jody this and we both had a good laugh. For one, I'm not fake and for people who really do know me knows I'm generous and kind to a fault. Accusations like this usually bother me but if it were true then it would hit a nerve. I could care less what she thinks about me but what ticks me off the most is her need to build an army of people against me just to feed her sorry ego. This is the same person that called Rachel a bitch and got her banned from the forum. Mind you, this woman already had bad blood for me from the get. Her message only confirmed my suspicions.

She seems like an oddball. Did you reply to her? Is she a board bully?

She seems like an oddball. Did you reply to her? Is she a board bully?

No, I didn't reply and don't plan to. However I have to agree with Maria. Her negative vomit doesn't deserve a response from me. She's what I would describe as insecure and a sympathy seeker. Someone who hangs onto your every comment and post just to find something to hate on. It's a pity a person her age should behave that way.

Fuck her! :)

Yeah, Fuck her.

Just had to get that one off my chest since it was still fresh on my mind but I'm over it now. I don't hold on to poison anyway so yeah, thanks for the encouragement. haha.

UPDATE!

From personal sources, this lady no longer is active on the forum. Obviously she rubbed a few people the wrong way, aside from me. I never liked or trusted her anyway.

Right now I'm on this other dog site and I somehow already made a few frienemies without much effort or intention. I don't know how I manage to do that and I figured here is where I can get a real objective opinion; from those who are seasoned members of forums. I would be lying if I said it doesn't affect me because as hard as it is already to befriend someone online, I don't need this type of negative attention from members who assume things about me. It sucks that women feel the need to measure themselves up to others and if you don't personally agree with them or kiss their ass, you're out of the loophole. That's really fcked up.

I'm not the cussing type but it needed to be said. Perhaps I'm not friend material either because I'm too peppy and laid back. I'm more of the "who cares" mentatlity, live and let live type. I'm completely turned off by drama but it seems to follow me everywhere, when all I want is to connect with those who share my same interests, be it food, pets, or whatever. I really feel for the newbies that are being hounded by old timers in bigger forums (just because they can't agree) and then have shit talked behind their backs in contributing sections? Do people even want to make friends anymore or is it like a hazing process? Honestly, I'm finding it less and less appealing everyday to log onto sites like that, in my experience majority of it made up of women.

I need some more details of what happened before I form an opinion. Awww...who am I kidding? I just want to hear the dirt!

I need some more details of what happened before I form an opinion. Awww...who am I kidding? I just want to hear the dirt!

Sorry Lola, that's all the dirt I have :dunno:

They may not say it to my face but it's definitely the vibe and in the undertones of their posts. If being nice and playing it safe is a personal flaw then maybe I'm not cut out for it. At least I can accept that much. If anything, I'm not here to relive HS social circles and be made to feel bad for being myself. I had enough of that from poor parenting, luckily now my family has let go and is more supportive. But it took years of trying.

Like Lola I want to hear the dirt! I will say that belonging to a forum has it's ups and downs. At the end of the day I don't come home to anyone on a forum so how someone may feel about me does not get to me. We have had our share of "drama" here over the past 8 yrs. I never chose sides even when all of my online friends left. Many of them are surprised when I tell them I am still here. This is home to me. It is my safe haven with a small group of "friends" that I share things with that nobody IRL knows. I think the key for me personally is respect. I respect everyone's opinion good, bad or in different. I don't have to agree with everyone nor does anyone have to agree. In this circle here we say what we feel and continue on. I'm sorry people feel the need to bully in forums you belong to. Sounds like you should ignore the bs and not buy into it. Carry on like nothing and just post about your girls you will find members that are genuine will always respond and the haters are gonna hate always.

Spill! LOL!

Sometimes it's difficult to agree even with a friend you know in person, more here on the internets, people feel like they can be nasty/condescending because they're in front of a screen.

As Maria says, we have had drama here too, but also I keep coming back because this is my place, where I like to be.

Thanks Maria, you are right. At the end of the day I come home to a loving family and that's all that matters. I sometimes forget that.

And thank you Geraldine for the input. I figure if people don't like you, there's no point in trying. The reason why I'm still here (on LL) is that I can get real opinions. I don't think I've really shared much of myself on there other than my love for dogs. Most likely I am going to request a ban by the end of this year, because quite frankly I'm tired of seeing how long I can put up with this kind of bs.

Well, I feel much better now. There are a few good members that makes it hard to leave a forum completely. Even more so when I run events on it. I guess I'll wait around and see.