Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lolagirl

Radiohead Stage Collapsed

5 posts in this topic

OMG I didn't even hear about this. Can you imagine? What's with all these stages collapsing? Are they just thrown up by a bunch of Carnies? The wreckage looks horrible, can you imagine if the show was going on? I shudder.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/18/radiohead-stage-collapse-death-scott-johnson_n_1605142.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment

My heart goes out to the family of the man that died.

One of my greatest fears as a designer is to have an exhibit structure injure someone.

It will be interesting to see what the engineers discover. Lola - you are right - there have been a bunch of incidents the last few years. I wonder if it's bad design versus material failure.

Marlene, off topic...

I read a book you might be interested in as a designer. It's called Art of this century.

PICT0004-T.jpg

Fred K. was a set designer, and it's basically about his contribution to Peggy Guggenheim's Art of this Century Museum in NYC. It's one of the best art books I've ever read, even for me who's not in the least into design..but it was fascinating. I purchased the book in Philly a long time ago for about $65.00. I think you'd love it. I bet B&N has it.

Marlene, off topic...

I read a book you might be interested in as a designer. It's called Art of this century.

PICT0004-T.jpg

Fred K. was a set designer, and it's basically about his contribution to Peggy Guggenheim's Art of this Century Museum in NYC. It's one of the best art books I've ever read, even for me who's not in the least into design..but it was fascinating. I purchased the book in Philly a long time ago for about $65.00. I think you'd love it. I bet B&N has it.

Thanks Rachel - I will check it out.