Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lolagirl

Ninja vs. Vitamix

38 posts in this topic

Ok I need your help again, I am going to get a blender because like I said in the juicer thread, I HATED throwing all that fiber into the composter . I'm debating between the Ninja and the Vitamix. I don't know enough about either one but what I do know is that everyone I know that has a Ninja LOVES it and the one client I know that has a Vitamix loves that it makes things hot and cold. She makes soup and icecream in one machine with tons of flavor and little to no fat.

Weigh in?? Dee I know you love your Ninja can you weigh in here?

Ninja:

euro-pro-ninja-blender-system.jpg

Vitamix:

https://secure.vitamix.com/Default.aspx?Coupon=07-0063&002=2180404&004=2079073683&005=101188180&006=11178512883&007=Search&008=&gclid=CNuMjq-6y68CFYbe4AodmjuTXw

compare-machines.jpg

I would get the ninja. Only because I liked what Dee had to say, and it doesn't look like a blender.

I would get the ninja. Only because I liked what Dee had to say, and it doesn't look like a blender.

The only think that is making me lean to the Vita mix is that it freezes and heats your food. I saw a woman make a fondue in the Vita'mix and it came out piping hot. Then I saw her make ice cream and it was solid frozen.

My client says she makes squash and carrot soup in it all the time too. I suppose I could blend it in the Ninja and then heat it on the stove?

That's a very impressive feature. You just have to make sure you're going to actually make use of it. I like stove top cooking, but I could see how that could be useful on a lazy rainy sunday.

I really like my Ninja. I've never used a Vitamix, and while I've heard great things it's over three times more expensive.

That's really neat Lola, how does it do that? Does it have an actual heating element in it?

On here it has a recipe for soup, but it has you heat everything up first? https://secure.vitamix.com/Vitamix-Professional-Series-500.aspx

I saw the make soup and ice cream on the Ninja infomercial, but I'm not sure how they did it. I've read online you can just pull the blades out of the Ninja and put the whole container in the microwave.

Lola, have you decided which one you're going for yet? The vitamix looks so cool. I want one now.

Lola, have you decided which one you're going for yet? The vitamix looks so cool. I want one now.

hahahaha, see that ninja video made me want one of those. I'm gonna do a little more research. I know I'm going to be using it on a daily basis so I really need to research and explore this.

I got the Ninja and wouldn't you know it I get home and there is a demo for the vitamix on tv. The thing I like about the vitamix is that there are not a bunch of attachments and it seems to do it all and I love the heating feature. Damn! But that effer is 5 hundie.

The ninja is great, and i'm sure you can't compare it to the Vitamix solely based on cost you know? For the price difference of course the Vitamix would be amazing, but I think you'll like the Ninja. Just be careful. Nick and I both cut ourselves pretty badly when we got it because we weren't careful of the blades. They are super sharp. My old one was so dull and I didn't even think twice about grabbing the blade once on accident! It cut me like it was nothing and I barely had touched it.

The ninja is great, and i'm sure you can't compare it to the Vitamix solely based on cost you know? For the price difference of course the Vitamix would be amazing, but I think you'll like the Ninja. Just be careful. Nick and I both cut ourselves pretty badly when we got it because we weren't careful of the blades. They are super sharp. My old one was so dull and I didn't even think twice about grabbing the blade once on accident! It cut me like it was nothing and I barely had touched it.

That's like the cusinart blade. Boy that thing is scary sharp.

Thanks for the warning. Dee what do you make in your ninja? And did I read somewhere that you made icecream? I'd love to get fresh peaches, almond milk and maybe some basil and make icecream.

I blended up some ice, cream, and strawberries, but it was really liquid y and so i threw it in the freezer. It was good, but not like they showed in the infomercial. The infomercial says you can make ice cream, but I have no idea how.. I need to look into that.

i mostly blend smoothies and I got the little chopper that's an add on when you order, so I use that all the time to shred chicken, and veggies for all the mexican style dishes i make. I'm constantly making taquitos, salsa or guacamole. It also really does chop up the ice into snow like they show, for frozen type drinks.

Lo, did you ever get your Ninja? What do you think? And I can't remember, but did you get a new juicer? I'm thinking of getting one because I've been reading about Juice feasting for Nick for his body pain.

I ended up with the Ninja but I wish I would have got the vitamix. The Ninja is cumbersome and I'm constantly taking the lid off to push the fruit down, I saw a live demo of the Vitamix and I really wish I had gotten that.

Really? I never have to do that with mine. My old blender I had to do that with, and I hated it.

Is the vitamix smaller in person? What do you think is easier about it? Because I really loved the demo I watched online.

Well it has a plunger stick where you just open a hole in the lid and plunge it you don't have to stop the whole machine. Not a lot of attachments and EASY cleaning. You basically put warm soapy water in it pulse it a few times and rinse. I haven't even used the smaller Ninja blender bowl, I know I won't use the dough paddle. I just want something that will zip my shit into a froth without losing the nutrients and no hassle. Dee do you think I'm doing something wrong? It never blends it perfectly smooth, like I still get the seeds from my strawberries and raspberries. When I tasted the smoothie at the demo he used stems and all and there were no seeds, it was smooth as silk.

I use the dough paddle for cookies or other things all the time. I still get seeds from the strawberries and raspberries, but I never really though much about it, but I might if I tried one without it! But, I've never made a smoothie that didn't have the seeds texture in it, on any blender we've ever had. Do you think the vitamix blends well enough that it feels more like juicing?

Yes I sort of do. The guy doing the demo said there are more nutrients in the seeds and stem of berries but you have to macerate them to get the nutrients, sort of like flax seeds. And the vitamix did that. He did organic strawberries, blueberries and a splash of organic applejuice and ice and it was smooth as silk.

Woah, sorry about that, my comp is acting wonky.