Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lolagirl

Stella and Gladys

107 posts in this topic

RAchel asked about story of the girls so here it is, It's long so I don't blame you if you don't want to read it all but this is their story.

It all started when I was driving in my neighborhood on my way home from work and I saw a little dog walking IN the street, so I stopped. No collar, no tags nothing. So I put her in my car and drove around looking for her owner. No one claimed her so I took her home, called Todd and said bring home some dog food, because I found dog and I think she is a baby bulldog. He was freaking because he always wanted a bulldog and I always said "I don't want a ball dragging bulldog in my house". lol I have never picked up a dog in the street or approached a dog I didn't know and honestly was intimidated by it. I was a cat person not a dog person.

While I was waiting for Todd I took her in the back yard and started watering my garden and she was so playful and cute she had me laughing so hard and she was so loving. She was running through the water and playing catch me if you can. I went in the house and got a towel and wrapped her up in it and she gave this huge sigh and looked in my eyes like she loved me more than anything. She laid there and started snoring, which cracked me up as well. I just adored her. I started her saying names to see if she would react and when I said Maggie, she looked up so I thought that was her name. I knew she was well cared for and loved but couldn't fathom that this little puppy would be walking the streets with no ID. Todd got home and told me it was a pug not a bulldog, and he really adored her too. About a half hour later a loud car without a muffler pulled in front of the house and "Maggie" reacted to it, her ears perked up and she started wagging her tail so I took her out front and this hillbilly hick with a dirty wife beater came walking up and said " I heard you might got my dog". I wanted to say no, sorry wrong house but I just couldn't so I handed the dog over. She was his daughters dog and got out of the backyard, her name was Molly not Maggie and he was so thankful because his daughter would have been heartbroken if her baby was gone. I told him to get her tags and a collar ASAP and he promised they had one at home and it was just off because they had bathed her and didn't put it back on. I felt ok giving her back, I could tell she was loved. But that started my love affair with pugs!

A week later this couple was walking their two pugs in front of the salon so I ran out and loved them up. They were Max and Maybelline and I was hooked. They lived in the neighborhood and I asked if they ever bread them and they said that Maybelline had one litter and in the future they might breed them again but weren't positive because birth is hard for pugs because the pups heads are so big. They came by almost every week and I fell in love with them but in the mean time I had started looking online for a reputable breeder and I found one in Arkansas. MeeMaw's pugs. She got great reviews and treated her pugs like pets and had a lot of show dogs in the bloodline. I looked at the pics and found Chin-su. I talked to "MeeMaw" on the phone 37,000 times and decided that she was the breeder for us and I wanted Chin-su. She would have to fly her up to us so I did a ton of research about animals flying and felt pretty ok with the process so we bought her. Todd picked her up at the airport and brought her to the salon when she came in I started bawling. I don't know why but I was so emotional.

It all started when I was driving in my neighborhood on my way home from work and I saw a little dog walking IN the street, so I stopped. No collar, no tags nothing. So I put her in my car and drove around looking for her owner. No one claimed her so I took her home, called Todd and said bring home some dog food, because I found dog and I think she is a baby bulldog. He was freaking because he always wanted a bulldog and I always said "I don't want a ball dragging bulldog in my house". lol I have never picked up a dog in the street or approached a dog I didn't know and honestly was intimidated by it. I was a cat person not a dog person.

While I was waiting for Todd I took her in the back yard and started watering my garden and she was so playful and cute she had me laughing so hard and she was so loving. She was running through the water and playing catch me if you can. I went in the house and got a towel and wrapped her up in it and she gave this huge sigh and looked in my eyes like she loved me more than anything. She laid there and started snoring, which cracked me up as well. I just adored her. I started her saying names to see if she would react and when I said Maggie, she looked up so I thought that was her name. I knew she was well cared for and loved but couldn't fathom that this little puppy would be walking the streets with no ID. Todd got home and told me it was a pug not a bulldog, and he really adored her too. About a half hour later a loud car without a muffler pulled in front of the house and "Maggie" reacted to it, her ears perked up and she started wagging her tail so I took her out front and this hillbilly hick with a dirty wife beater came walking up and said " I heard you might got my dog". I wanted to say no, sorry wrong house but I just couldn't so I handed the dog over. She was his daughters dog and got out of the backyard, her name was Molly not Maggie and he was so thankful because his daughter would have been heartbroken if her baby was gone. I told him to get her tags and a collar ASAP and he promised they had one at home and it was just off because they had bathed her and didn't put it back on. I felt ok giving her back, I could tell she was loved. But that started my love affair with pugs!

A week later this couple was walking their two pugs in front of the salon so I ran out and loved them up. They were Max and Maybelline and I was hooked. They lived in the neighborhood and I asked if they ever bread them and they said that Maybelline had one litter and in the future they might breed them again but weren't positive because birth is hard for pugs because the pups heads are so big. They came by almost every week and I fell in love with them but in the mean time I had started looking online for a reputable breeder and I found one in Arkansas. MeeMaw's pugs. She got great reviews and treated her pugs like pets and had a lot of show dogs in the bloodline. I looked at the pics and found Chin-su. I talked to "MeeMaw" on the phone 37,000 times and decided that she was the breeder for us and I wanted Chin-su. She would have to fly her up to us so I did a ton of research about animals flying and felt pretty ok with the process so we bought her. Todd picked her up at the airport and brought her to the salon when she came in I started bawling. I don't know why but I was so emotional.

We named her Stella because while sitting at our favorite bar having a drink I had a glass of Stellina chard. and it was delicious, and I phonetically like the sound of it but Stellina was far to beautiful of a name for a dog with an unfortunate face so we called her Stella. Stella Bella Bee Sting.

19474_275957338693_700323693_4418304_5050150_n.jpg

19474_276584913693_700323693_4421170_4950460_n.jpg

19474_275960488693_700323693_4418329_7038738_n.jpg

19474_275883693693_700323693_4418043_8084662_n.jpg

19474_276584938693_700323693_4421173_2438658_n.jpg

n700323693_1596908_7225.jpg

Gladdy's Story next...

About 4 months after we got Stellie we loosely started considering getting her a sis. We were in love with the pug breed and I was casually looking online (couldn't find any good breeders in Michigan) and it almost became like an addiction but we were still not 100% sold on the idea. But then one day Max and Maybelline's owners walked them into the salon and said "Guess what???" Maybelline is preggo and you can have the pick of the litter. I took that as a sign and our fate was sealed. After the pups were born I would visit all the time and they had two pups, one boy and one girl, separated from the rest because they were the runts and couldn't fight for milk. At each visit I fell more and more in love with the little baby girl so the deal was cinched. We decided on the little runt and I looked at her and thought, your name is Gladys. I don't know why but it just came to me. Some of the contender names were Francine (Fran), Agnes, Beatrice, Phyllis and Iris. But she was a Glady through and through. Max and Maybelline gave me one of the greatest gifts of my lifetime.

Gladdison Addison Lilybulb Bee.

19474_275935323693_700323693_4418210_619593_n.jpg

19474_275960498693_700323693_4418330_580952_n.jpg

19474_275928923693_700323693_4418188_376882_n.jpg

19474_276584928693_700323693_4421172_5098557_n.jpg

19474_276584903693_700323693_4421169_1837299_n.jpg

oH my goodness! what a story!! It was meant to be that you found Molly, and how incredible that she responded to "maggie", lol. You're so crazy, Lola.

First of all I had no idea you were originally a cat person! I was about to ask you if Todd and you were already together when you had the girls. That's good that he was already with you because some bf/gf don't take to pets belonging to their partner. I never did but because their dogs were all ill-mannered.

So I know you went through little bit of pet remorse with Glady's, but did you with Stella at all? by the way I love their names. Did you ever tell Glady's owners how you were feeling? and how did Stellie accept Gladys? did they fight, or was is sisterly love from the start?

what does runt of the litter mean? I'm going to look it up.

I love your story. I'm so glad to have a place to ask you questions too! thanks :)

This morning I was telling chuck, "Why didn't I get a pug instead?" nothing really to do with olivia at this point, she's so sweet and she's really growing on us. I think i didn't pick a pug because once when we were having a garge sale in Nj a little pug bit me, you remember that? lol I was such a baby about it. but I also thought their hair was too course.. but then again, i used to think persians were UGLY, and look how I fell in love with Walter. I used to say to people, "he's so ugly, he's cute!" and people used to tell me how ugly walter was, which to me now seems effin crazy that anyone would think that because when i look at old pics he was so freaking cute! but anyway, the girls were adorable as pups. I love thier outfits. I was about to ask if you dressed them up a lot. I guess you do. lol I just bought Little O jammies today and she's sleeping in them as I type. lol

You know what i also love about pugs? that you can kiss them with your mouth from lip corner to lip corner to get the full effect.

eta: I hope everyone starts a pet journal! lol we're such a bunch of tacky drag queens.

You know what i also love about pugs? that you can kiss them with your mouth from lip corner to lip corner to get the full effect.

Yes! Another plus of a pug. Actully most pugs are really soft, we call Gladdy butter silk because she is so soft.

Pugs are not known biter or nippers so the owner had to be some kind of asshole. lol

I used to wonder if I could fall in love with someone elses dog. I dated this guy for a minute and he had a German Shepherd? and I couldn't stand that dog. He was big and smelly and I only acted like I like him for the first 30 seconds of our dating.

The runt of the litter is usually the smallest and weakest of the litter. I don't know it because of the room in utero or what.

I didn't have buyers remorse with Stellie, I was just scared, and I didn't tell the breeders about my remorse about Glad, because I didn't feel it until I got her home and I think it was just because I was so in love with Stella.

Stella was amazing with Glad, she mothered her from beginning and let Glad act like the boss. I swear Glad walked in and was like I'm here and I'm the boss and Stella was like ummm no you are not, but I will forever let you believe that. Gladys tries to kick Stellas all the time and Stella just takes it. But at the end of the day Stella could take Gladys with her paws tied behind her back.

I loved Walters personality, but I was VERY attracted to his smushed face. It was dear to my heart. Awww thier little unfortunate faces, how could you not love them?

i enjoyed reading about your babies, Lola.

we're thinking about getting a dog soon but everytime i think, this is it! this is our dog!

we both get cold feet. i guess we're not ready.

Mari, just jump in. Gaby will have the best playmate, she will always remember her first dog. "I'm your pusher man". lol

Stella was amazing with Glad, she mothered her from beginning and let Glad act like the boss. I swear Glad walked in and was like I'm here and I'm the boss and Stella was like ummm no you are not, but I will forever let you believe that.

Lmao I love that Stella is such a sweetheart like that!

I loved walter's mushed face. I do plan on getting another persian, but after we move...

Mari, What about gigi and Aruba? are they still with you guys? what kind of dog are you thinking of getting?

lola, I hope you abuse the picture posting priveledges. lol

Yeah, i found that kind of odd that the dog bit me because I never heard of pugs being biters or even hyper.

What are the girls' temprement? Are they barkers, calm, nervous, over-protective, aloof..?

I remember Gigi, but I don't remember Aruba, what kind of dog was she?

Oh, I'll pic whore here for sure.

165253_10150121229033694_700323693_7651268_162742_n.jpg

Sweet Glad.

167973_10150129046348694_700323693_7765355_60969_n.jpg

Stella, that face....

167164_10150129043713694_700323693_7765325_3815033_n.jpg

Lovers....

215623_10150234105763694_700323693_8554348_6422063_n.jpg

Lmao! i love the party pics.

How old are the girls? Did you mention in an earlier thread they're about 6 years old?

Lmao! i love the party pics.

How old are the girls? Did you mention in an earlier thread they're about 6 years old?

Gladys is 7 1/2 and Stella is 8. :( I wish they were pups still.

Are they your very first pets as an adult? did you ever had any other pets who meant as much as the girls to you?

Are they your very first pets as an adult? did you ever had any other pets who meant as much as the girls to you?

Actually I had two cats. And they were great but they just didn't bond like the girls. They were rescues and very standoffish. I loved them up and gave them a great life but it is NOTHING compared to this. They are my first dogs as an adult and that's why I think I was so scared. I really lucked out with Stella, she was seriously so loving and responsive, that's why I think I was afraid with Gladdy, I was afraid that she would be an asshole and I would have to keep her for the rest of her life. lol I love that little bully with all my heart now tho.

I call Olivia little asshole too. lol

So I take it the cats passed? Does Todd love the girls as much as you do?

Yes the cats passed of natural causes.

I don't think anyone loves the girls as much as I do, but yes Todd is crazy about them I love it when I am in the other room and I hear him talking to them in our puppy slang.

I'm so glad you started this! I love hearing you talk about the girls, and I can't get enough of their sweet squooshy mugs.

Lola, i've been meaning to ask you a question for so long but have always forgotten...have you ever had problem with the girls's eyes? like popping out and stuff? I heard that it's common with certain breeds like peekingese, pugs, and even some cats. Wondering if so how you handled it and if you freaked out.

Lola, i've been meaning to ask you a question for so long but have always forgotten...have you ever had problem with the girls's eyes? like popping out and stuff? I heard that it's common with certain breeds like peekingese, pugs, and even some cats. Wondering if so how you handled it and if you freaked out.

No I haven't. Stella scratched her eye on something when she was a clumsy puppy, but the girls haven't had any of the ailments that are associated with pugs. I think that happens when people buy puppy mill pugs are don't keep their pugs healthy.

I would flip my shit if that happened.

lol. I know. I would start screaming all over the house like maniac.

Lola, i had another question for you..(Dana if you're reading I wonder about Genny too)

Did you find that the girls were trying to bond more with your hubby than with you?

No matter how much i shower Olivia with love and how aloof chuck is she seems to favor him. I heard that about female dogs. Walter of course was super attached to me and he was a boy.. wondering if you had this issue with the girls.