Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karmadiane

A true journey at 39!

36 posts in this topic

Well, we will have to officially call this cycle done.....Started bleeding on Saturday and it continued to get worse....Went in this morning for Bloodwork and it is definately negative....

No crying over it.....I will be waiting a month just so I can get some of the drugs out of my system and recoup some money a bit for the Meds...Then I will start again...

Everyting happens for a reason and I am confident it will work at some point when it is meant too...

If it turns to be negative, I am going to do lots of naughty things with my Husband, drink quite a bit, then get back on the wonderful train of Fertility Drugs and do it all again.

Amazing attitude. I really do hope it works for you. I can't wait to hear what the results are.

So, after our failed attempt in February/March I was going to wait a month and start again....Well, that didn't happen of course....It was all because of me, I just couldn't try again because it is such a hard and disappointing process. My husband was very upset when I told him that I thought I was done and I just couldn't try it again....Of course for a multitude of reasons....The biggest, I just couldn't go thru the heart ache of failing again, then we have a 14 year old that will be starting High School and it will be a very busy time and I just didn't think it was fair to possibly throw a baby into that mix....I did however tell him I was not closed to the idea but at that time, I was very content with my decision...

Today, I have decided that the first of the year, we will be starting the IVF process....I am sooo freaked out about it....I still have more questions than answers....I just want to be sure this is right for us....I'm quite sure it is but I just have to do something to ease my fears....

I will be doing the ICIS where they directly inject the sperm into the egg....Now my next big decision is if I want to do gender selection or if I just want to be surprised....I so want a boy so part of me wants to select, but the other part of me just wants to take what I get....I guess those are all bridges that I need to cross later...

I will keep posted...

Good luck! I can only imagine what a heart-wrenching process it must be.

Good luck!!!!! How does the sex selection come in to play, are you also doing PGD as well? I was told (when I was looking into PGD) that they would only do sex selection for sex-linked genetic disease...

Good luck!!!!! How does the sex selection come in to play, are you also doing PGD as well? I was told (when I was looking into PGD) that they would only do sex selection for sex-linked genetic disease...

They do the gender selection at the time they are fertilizing the eggs...I am not doing any extra testing of any kind...I won't even be doing any amnio if I am to get pregnant.

I am resigned to the thought of if I am lucky enough to get pregnant then I am going to take whatever I get....Of course these are just my personal feelings but this is the way I believe.

The only procedure I know of to select a gender is PGD, where they have to test the chromosomes of the embryos after they're created. ICSI just injects the sperm, I've heard of sperm sorting or something beforehand to slightly increase the chances of having one or the other but that's a separate thing and not 100%. I'm just wondering because it's been a couple years since I did IVF and was on the message boards for it every day so haven't heard of any new technology that can sex select at fertilization, I hope my tone comes across :laugh: not trying to be argumentative or anything! I know just what you mean about being happy no matter what you get, I sure was, once you wait long enough for a much wanted baby you don't really care what's between its legs. Although I can understand a lot of reasons why people would choose if they could.

The only procedure I know of to select a gender is PGD, where they have to test the chromosomes of the embryos after they're created. ICSI just injects the sperm, I've heard of sperm sorting or something beforehand to slightly increase the chances of having one or the other but that's a separate thing and not 100%. I'm just wondering because it's been a couple years since I did IVF and was on the message boards for it every day so haven't heard of any new technology that can sex select at fertilization, I hope my tone comes across laugh.gif not trying to be argumentative or anything! I know just what you mean about being happy no matter what you get, I sure was, once you wait long enough for a much wanted baby you don't really care what's between its legs. Although I can understand a lot of reasons why people would choose if they could.

No, I totally get what you are saying...We were told when we did insemination that they could do the gender selection on that too...But like you said, I don't think anything is 100% ....The more I have been thinking about it the more I am just thinking luck of the draw...If I could 100% make sure I would have a boy without the PGD I would do it but at this point in my life, I think I will just be happy with what I get if I am lucky enough for IVF to work...

My fears about it are very big right now...I still have not been able to get past the fact that they will be sucking the eggs out of me and that they have to go thru the vaginal wall to get them...That is what bothers me and I am really having a hard time with...I have gotten past all my other fears, shots, blood draws and such but I am really stressed about it...

I will be making an appointment with my Dr. to ask more extensive questions in the next couple of months...I also am thinking about changes Dr.s within the practice anyway....The one I have now I have only seen once since I started going to the Fertility place and to me this is just something so big, I want my Dr. to be there every step of the process. I was really happy with the Dr. that did my insemination so I am thinking I want him to be my primary...I just need to talk to the other one...I am very particular as I know alot of you are....I just want to be happy because this is really a special and trying time in my life.