Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karmadiane

A true journey at 39!

36 posts in this topic

Todayis the beginning of the biggest decision in my life! Today, is the start of me trying and hopefully succeeding in becoming a Mom...

It all started yesterday at 5p.m when I got the call that we were in fact going to be able to start our first round of fertility injections....

Today, those injections started at 8:15 a.m this morning...

If the track goes as I pray it does, we will be doing our insemination next Saturday and Sunday or Sunday and Monday...

I hope this round works because I am already mentally exhausted....

That is so exciting! One of my coworkers just had a baby with the help of fertility injections so there is hope! Good luck! :cheer:

Thank you all for the Good Luck wishes....

I feel really good right now but I guess it is because I don't have a horrible amount of the drugs in my system...In ways I feel like a junkie just waiting for my next fix...That comes this evening....

The only thing I have notices is it seems that my insides are really dancing around...A bit uncomfortablel but bearable but I may be just making up symptoms. It is so easy to do...

I am just ready to get on to the Insemination and on to the two week wait....It is the waiting that is so hard...

Well with careful thought and consideration to the process that we are going thru, we have decided after 6 days of Injections and no real progress to my ovaries stimulating enough for forced ovulation and insemination, we have decided to cancel this cycle and start over in a few months.

Although it was a hard decision, never is easy when possibly you could have gotten pregnant but without the many tests coming out the way they wanted them to you just never know. At some point I had to decide was it worth it to keep stressing my body out with the hormones and the continuous blood draws or do I just stop, stock up on the drugs and just start anew in a couple of months. For myself and my husband, we decided, stopping was the best for us...

We will begin again, and I'm sure things will be totally right the next time.

So for now, it is off to just have some fun with my husband and hope for better days the next round!

Thank you for all the well wishes that everyone gave, it is truly a blessing to have that....Ii will need them again...

Good luck! And the best for you and your husband.

So, we have reached the end of our Fertility Cycle...It started last Wednesday (2/10/10) I have been having Follistem injections every night for the last 10 days and Blood and Ultrasound every other day. I found out from my appointment at 9 this morning that tonight is the night to do the Ovulation trigger shot which I will be doing in the next few minutes.

2/21/10 Sunday and 2/22/10 Monday we are going in for our Insemination and then the long wait for a pregnancy test begins...

Note to self, MUST STAY BUSY!

wow this is so exciting! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I'll be keeping you and your hubby in my thoughts. Please come back and tell us how it all went. I'm very curious how it goes.

good luck!

First Insemination done this morning...It turns out even after the Sperm Preparation the count was still like 6 Trillion according to the Dr. So it turns out my Hubby really is Superman...Well in my eyes anyway...

Had that done, went to breakfast and have been in bed all day...I didn't have to stay in bed, I can resume normal activity, it was self inflicted..

I feel after going thru this I owe whatever is going on in there the best chance ever.

Monday morning, second Insemination and then we wait....I really feel good about this...

I can't wait to follow you guys on this journey. Best of luck to you and your husband.

So second Insemination was on Monday...Turns out that I was about to ovulate on my own on Saturday sometime so that is why they went ahead and triggered me on Saturday night to be sure and catch ovulation. If I would have gone on my own we could have said bye bye to the whole cycle. Glad we triggered.

Ok so the count on Sunday was not 6 jillion, turns out the Dr was just being silly. It was around 60 Million which is extremely good. They only need it to be around 1million for Insemination and it truns out anything over that is extremelu good. On Sunday the cound was aroumd 30 Million.

Now we are on the two week wait...We go for Blood HCG on the 8th. I have started my Progesterone Suppositories twice a day which really sucks but whatever I have to do...

The hardest thing is definately the wait. Every little twinge you really wonder could that be Implantation?

Oh well, I have a good busy weekend so that should help...Sucks tho cause it is the Barbecue cook-off and the free drinks will be flowing....At least my friends can drink for me and I should have little time to think...

Yeah, progesterone suppositories leave gross snail trails in the panties, it's worth it to use pantiliners. Good luck!

Yeah, progesterone suppositories leave gross snail trails in the panties, it's worth it to use pantiliners. Good luck!

Eewwwwwwwwwww :laugh:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

rofl3.gif well, it's true! What else can you expect when you put a lump of cream up there that's intended to melt??

Yes, thank god for Panty Liners....I do all of it when I can lay down for a while then get up and take a shower...That does help with the excess...It is truly gross but I am sure it is necessary...

:rofl: well, it's true! What else can you expect when you put a lump of cream up there that's intended to melt??

rotflol! omg...too funny.

The 8th if fast approacing now and I will be none to happy to see this two week wait behind me...I will also be more than happy to contribute my blood to do so...I do however know, Monday will be the longest day ever till I get those results.

I guess the good thing about this two weeks is, I have felt nothing but positive thoughts the whole time so that is good...I know deep in my heart that something good has happened...I hope I am not disappointed.

If it turns to be negative, I am going to do lots of naughty things with my Husband, drink quite a bit, then get back on the wonderful train of Fertility Drugs and do it all again.

Positive thoughts for positive results! I can't except anything less....